If you would like to become involved with the Museum of Transport, you can do this by joining Greater Manchester Transport Society.
Accredited by Arts Council England and owned by Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM), the Museum is managed by Greater Manchester Transport Society (a Registered Charity).
Whether you choose to become a Full Member or a Subscriber you will be entitled to:
- Bi-monthly Society magazine - 'The Journal'
- Free admission to the Museum (including special event days)
- Discounts on full price models and books purchased from the Museum's Shop
Type of Membership
- This category is primarily for people who wish to become involved with the work of the Museum.
- Full members are encouraged to help out when we are open as well as on Wednesday evenings, our dedicated working time when much of the vehicle maintenance and restoration work is carried out as well as other tasks which contribute to the running of the Museum and conservation of our collections.
- There are also opportunities to be involved with outreach work involving our collections, such as attending events and visiting other museums.
- If you select Full Membership, we will contact you by email should your application be successfully processed to see whether you would be prepared to become involved with Museum activities.
Senior Membership is the same as Full Membership but is for people born before 1/10/54.
For those who do not wish to work in the Museum there is the option to be a 'subscriber'.
Please note that this is an application for Membership. The Board of Directors reserves the right to refuse an application for membership.
- If for any reason we are unable to process your application, your payment will be refunded.
- Confirmation of your application having been processed will be the Membership Card you will receive by post should your application be processed successfully.
- The membership year runs to 31st March each year although if you join during October to March we'll give you to the following March free of charge.
We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your membership and to provide the products and services it includes. We will keep your data secure. You may ask for a copy of any information we hold about you and to have it corrected.
*Gift Aid Declaration
By selecting 'Yes' in the 'Gift Aid' section above, you agree to the following:
*I want Greater Manchester Transport Society (GMTS) to treat monies received from me as a Gift Aid Donation. I confirm that I am a UK taxpayer and have paid tax in this current year equal to or more than the amount above.
You must tell us if this is no longer the case, if you wish to cancel this declaration or if you change your name or home addres.
Remember that by selecting GiftAided, you are helping GMTS to increase the value of your subscriptions and donations.